Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm really gonna miss the DLR. With all the hours I've worked and all the time I've spent playing at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure... you could say it would add up to a good year's worth of time of my life, if not more. 12 out of the last 15 years I spent working for the Mouse at Walt's original Magic Kingdom... I really am gonna miss it here. Last night I went to Disneyland with a few friends and watched Magical!... and frankly, I lost it towards the end. I think it's just now setting in that I'm not going to be able to come here whenever I want, even though I will have Walt Disney World's four Parks and such to enjoy, it's probably not going to be the same.

My life is filled with great, and not-so-great, memories of my time working when it was just Disneyland to the present day Disneyland Resort. I saw a lot of changes, lots of additions including being part of the grand opening team for Disney's California Adventure, and a lot of closures. I saw the Main Street Electrical Parade glow away, only to come back the year or so after Disney's California Adventure opened. I remember spending every weekend that I could at Disneyland to watch the Lion King Celebration, in my opinion the best parade Disneyland has ever done (and makes me sad to replay it back in my mind when people proclaim Parade of Dreams to be a "good" parade, they have no idea what a good parade was back in the day). I'll remember all the Cast Premieres, starting with the Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye, I got to attend. I'll remember the special media/press events and things like the Mighty Ducks FanFaire or the very first Mickey's Halloween Treat that I got to work.

Yah, I'm gonna miss this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment